Redmax Strato charged trimmer quality?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Aug 3, 2007.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I'm debating wether or not I should get annother redmax to replace my echo that would become a backup. I have a stihl fs80r now, and like it. But there is only ONE good dealer for stihl in my area. The other dealer is a total jerk with a depressed attitude. And the good dealer might move back into the city where he originally was. Right now he's right up the road, less than a mile. So my question is should I get annother stihl with the one dealer. Or should I get annother redmax(I had one before) and see if I have a better run with it than the last one. I liked my other redmax but didn't like head on it. But I have speedfeed heads anyway. The mechanics all said my trimmer was fine and that the engine was very good. I might get the max for the different dealers I could get parts from and such.
    How is everyone's redmax strato trimmers doing? Are they keeping power and not having any head/ gearbox probs?
    Advice on this is greatly appreciated.

2. Turf Professionals Inc.

Turf Professionals Inc. LawnSite Member

I have had my stratocharged going on 3 years now and have never had a problem with it!

3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

3 years here too -by far the best trimmer i have owned-once i found a head i liked. i have the 2400

4. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I wonder if the 2601 is the same quality as the 2600?

5. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

Yes, same basic trimmer.

6. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

ive only had mine a couple years for one and a year for the other, one is 2 months old. I think all 3 are better than any of the echos ive owned in lots of ways. I just dont like my bcz3000 30cc because its got a solid shaft mainly for an intermediate brushcutter and engine really needs to warm up descent before triming, that and it has all hp and not much torque down low, so it really wants to run wide open with a load, so i dont use it for trimming much.

I have 2400s that are great too. My edger is awesome too.

7. SpartanBill

SpartanBill LawnSite Member

I've had a stihl 210 for a few years now, seemed ok 'til i barrowed my cousins redmax and I fell in love with it, 3 weeks later he made me give it back. The next day I bought a 2601. It's better balanced, the head doesn't grab and dig in, it just floats across. I did have a problem with the spark arrestor in the muffler getting clogged, my dealer fixed and got it back same day no charge. It'll be tough to convince me to buy anything else as my company grows.
    P.S. The RedMax EBZ 8000 blower I bought (used and abused) looks rough but starts well and has crazy power.

Bill

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I would stay with Echo but if you are going with Stihl stay with the FS80 it hasn't been changed yet....same basic engine. I do hear that it is not very powerful don't know what you need. The Echo 261T is a far better unit from power but it is also a little heavier.

9. TN Property Services

TN Property Services LawnSite Member

Before theft, I had a 3001S and loved it.

Now after, I have a 2601S (had to save 40-50 bucks where I could) I have been nothing but impressed with the Redmax strato stuff. The 2601 is a smaller engine than the 3001 (4.5CC), but will definitely hold its own in the field.

Also now have a 7001 Blower strato and am extremely impressed. I have heard on here that it takes a few fuel tanks to get to full power, so I'm still waiting for that (breaking it in, if you will)
    No problems with any RedMax equip. to date

Hope this helps.

10. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Ive got Redmax and its OK. Im thinking of going to Stihl. I have plug fouling with my Redmax units. My Shindaiwa never fouls,ever.