Redmax string trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blueangelfightr, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Blueangelfightr

Blueangelfightr LawnSite Member

I want a new sting trimmer and I want a redmax so I was wondering how much do both of these cost? BCZ2400S strato-charged and the BCZ2600S strato-charged trimmer. Also which one is better. Thanks. :D

2. contourbs

contourbs LawnSite Member

i have the 2600 and paid 300 very nice trimmer

3. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got a new Red Max BCZ2600S trimmer this past spring and it is a fantastic machine!!!! It has a lot of power and torque!!! I got mine at my local dealer for $299. As for the BCZ2400S trimmer, I guess that is enough power, but if you can afford it, get the Red Max BCZ2600S!!!!!

4. Blueangelfightr

Allright guys thanks for the info. I still don't know what I'm gonna buy yet.I only do a few houses but i might as well just get the BCZ2600S and get on with it. I plan to have it for a while. I think that anything will be better then my homelite and craftsman(which doesn't even run). Later. :waving:

5. harrydog

harrydog LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I paid $269 for my BCZ2400S. I think that is full MSRP, but I'm not positive. For my purposes it's plenty powerful enough.

6. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

You need power for a trimmer? I think any amount of power would do....no?

7. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Where in NJ are you?

8. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

until you take the guard off then the bigger trimmers shine.

9. Blueangelfightr

I live in bergen county.

10. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I was in the same boat as you this year sounds like, and I went with the 225, which is below what you are even thinking about, and it has enough power for anything I can imagine. haven't even had to "test" it as of yet. So I think you'd be fine with any Redmax. I paid $243 out the door by the way.