Redmax to Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by walker/redmax, Mar 30, 2007.

1. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

So what do you guys think about the fact that Husqvarna bought Redmax? How many of you Redmax fans think this will have an impact on the quality of Redmax's product or on your business with them. Or any Redmax dealers. . . what do you think? Lets see how many more times i can say the word 'redmax' in this post. I suppose that I'm not gonna start using another brand just because the company has changed hands but if they start selling 'em at Home cheepo or the quality goes downhill its all over. I am also very loyal to my dealer and if they quit carrying redmax, I'll definitely take a good look at whatever they switch to. Any thoughts??????????????????????????:waving:

2. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been switching back to Echo 2 cycle equipment, I had enough of Redmax, I have a graveyard full of those turd blowers. The only Redmax equipment I have anymore are the line trimmers, which I really do like. I used to run Shindaiwa line trimmers, may have to go back to those.

3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

the only thing redmax i cant do with out is their hedge trimmers. everything else i can get just as good from some one else

4. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

Redmax sucks............they have always sucked. I have been using Husqvarna sence they came out with their commercial line in 2000. Their weedeaters are great, very light weight and they do the job. Lightest weedeater I have every used and I have used them all.

5. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

in the outdoor power industries, companies buy out companies left and right.

Husky is a big money company and they will keep Redmax their own entity at least for now. They did it with blue bird. But like Blue Bird, they willl offer the same thing in Orange.

The Eb7001's are in Orange already. 170bf in husky.

String trimmer and hand blower are in orange as well.

The eb8001's will be in orange for the fall. That's all as of now, but i'm sure they'll incorporate more and more.

Husky had some problems getting their larger 2 stroke motors to cert for epa specs, so i'm guessing they will continue to keep Red Max and their engineering department alive and running.

6. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

Redmax does not make a hand blower for Husky, nor a trimmer!

7. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i love my redmax stuff... a lot more than i can say for my old stihl stuff.

8. Grass-Masters

Grass-Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I Hope they leave them alone, unlike most on here right now I love my redmax equipment.

9. husqvarna

husqvarna LawnSite Member

maybe Red max will finally have something ill want to buy!

10. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

LOL we think the same way!!!!!:)