1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Redmax..Too much for consumer use?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JBH, Nov 18, 2003.

1. JBH

JBH LawnSite Member

I am shopping for a new blower. I would consider myself a consumer who cuts a few yards on the side, rather than a pro. I have been looking at the Echo 403 or 603 but some friends who landscape full time keep pushing me toward the Redmax. In a professionals opinion is this more than I need? I live in the south so I primarily blow pine needles and I keep hearing I need something like the Redmax to be effective. Price wise I can get a Redmax for about $50 more than a Echo 603 but I am hoping I can get by with a 403.
  2. G-father

G-father LawnSite Member

I think we all get a little bit carried away on this site sometimes. Your decicisoin to get a backpack is a good one. If your only doing a few lawns then it is not necessary to get the most powerful one out there.

That being said, you can find a redmax 7001 or shin 630 for 400 if you look hard. I think for that $100-150 you would get a much more powerful blowers that would last you a lifetime, or two :).
  3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

If your just looking to "get by", anything will do. If you are looking for the best, most productive, and only want to buy once.... Echo 750, Shindaiwa 630, or Redmax 7001 are the way to go. Also depends on what your budget is. All the above machines are going to run you just under $500. :cool:
  4. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Buy quality and cry once.
    Buy cheap and never stop crying.

Quit fretting over this decision, buy the Redmax eb7001rh.
  5. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

i would get the echo 603 or any of the above if you really want to blow the pine needes if you just want to flop them out of your way the 403 will do
  6. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

where can you get a redmax @ that price??? I know advanced carries them now, only other place right off my head is southern supply
  7. Davo

Davo LawnSite Member

Just ordered my eb7001rh $439.99 shipped to my door.
  8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

REDMAX. nuff said
  9. JBH

JBH LawnSite Member

Found a guy in Nashville who wanted $399, plus shipping, but he also wanted to charge me sales tax. I also found one for $460 shipped. Mabe has the 603 for $410 out the door. That is where I was getting my figures.
    Will you let me know where you got yours. I plan on biting the bullet and ordering one tomorrow. Your deal sounds like the best I have heard.

Can someone explain EB7001rh. I have not seen the "rh" designation. Is this a different model.
  10. Davo

Davo LawnSite Member

Wise epquipment , outside of Chicago (847) 895-5555. Talk to Ed.
    Quoted me $459.99, got down to $439.99, free shipping, and threw in some oil too. This is my first redmax, hope im not disappointed.