Redmax Trimmer BCZ2401S running bad

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by clif, Apr 12, 2010.

1. clif

clif LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the help, I will put some in straight like you suggested, I need this trimmer running good soon. I will also keep some around to add to my fuel to keep things clean. I would guess I could add it to my mower's fuel tank also, not that it's having any troubles though. Worst problems I'm having are these "one-time" job pita's that claim their mower broke and they need someone to cut their yard just once since they are having visitors over or whatever. Boy did I underbid one yesterday. It looked like the grass hadn't been cut since last September, and the driveway and sidewalks were never edged since Jimmy Carter was in office. Not to mention all the crap in the yard that was "supposed" to be picked up prior to my arrival. Wow, I hit two bricks, one iron peg, a shoe, a tennis ball, a full size beach towel, and I think a gold brick egg maybe! None of which were visible, hidden beneath tall clover patches. My poor mini z has been through a lot, but she's still going strong! lol

2. clif

clif LawnSite Member

WOW! This stuff really works. I put some in the intake ports, and it smoked blued for a while, but ran wide open, so I repeated this two more times to be sure, and each time, wide open just like new. Put a little in the fuel tank, and some in the other equipments' fuel tanks to get them cleaned up too. I'm always skeptical of miracle easy cures, but this one was just that. Worth the $10 at Autozone for sure... Thanks a million, you saved me hours of headache to come!

3. genesis215

genesis215 LawnSite Senior Member

That's great! Very happy for ya. The only thing I would be cautious about is putting it in the tank without measurement. The can says 1 oz. per gallon, so I would put in the appropriate amount into your gas mix can rather than the gas tank so you don't lean out the 2-stroke oil in your mix too much. Just something to consider.

Anyway, very glad to be able to help!

4. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

Use the Deep Creep, which is the spray version of SeaFoam. It meant to clean carbon. Follow the instruction spraying until it stalled, sit a few minutes and fire it up and let it smoke for a while. I do this on all my stuff once a year.

Do you have an idea how many hours you have on the trimmer to build up all the carbon?

5. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

This fixed my 4 yr old 2400 trimmer that I thought was dead now its back like new thanks for the tip. I poured it into the carb while running and it stalled. Then started and was all smoke for a few minutes good advise!!