RedMax Trimmer Line

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC, Aug 4, 2004.

1. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, just thought I would let you in on a good product. I bought a 3lbs spoole of RedMax square trimmer line. I think its 0.95 . Sorry Im not positive cause I looked at the label about 3 months ago when I bought it. Ive been using up a boat load of home depot brand trimmer line for about 2.5 years. My dad had a bunch of it around the garage and gave it to me when I first started as a startup gift. Anyway, Ive only used the little round stuff even in the trimmers that other companies Ive worked for ran. I couldnt believe how much better the square stuff is. I mean its like night and day. It even catches all the straglers" the round line would miss. Plus the stuff is super tough. I think I only paid like $8 dollars for the spoole.

2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

ive used stihl square .95 this whole year! ive gone through atleast 18lbs so far with 2 trimmers.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Redmax line is the worst. I gave away a 5 lb spool of it because we would run thru it like water. Regular line the Stihl is good, but if you want the best...get Gator Magnum.

4. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

RedMax string is the best, it just goes forever, love those red spools

5. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

65hoss, I dont know. I ran gator line before. I dont know which one but it was the clear one with the little black line in the middle of it (kevlar i think, probably spelled that wrong). All I can say for it was it looked cool.

Next time you have another spoole of RedMax string you want to get rid of, you can pass it my way. Im really impressed with it.

6. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

What 65hoss said!

7. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 5lb 155 redmax line sitting in the corner for giveaway ,it's not good line I use echo 155,

8. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Gator Magnum... the best I've used yet.