1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Redmax trimmer models?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by K&L Landscaping, Jul 22, 2005.

1. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Switching over to Redmax trimmers from Stihl and I want to know which Redmax model you guys use. I will be purchasing 3 trimmers that will get the crap used out of them. Weight is not really a big deal but power is because we seem to get alot of heavy, thick stuff to cut through. We are currently using Stihl FS250s and would like something comparable.

Thanks alot!!
  2. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Bcz2600s is a very reliable trimmer. It's are #1 seller.
  3. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

You have the FS250 and you are converting OVER?...what seems to be the issue...I have the FS110R and it is doing pretty darn good...tell me how you would benefit from the redmax over the Stihl...??? The 250 is even more powerful than mine...hmmmm, shed some light on this please...I am always out to get the best deal on equipment and chose Stihl over redmax because of the service of the redmax dealer up here...I had a redmax 2600 in my hand and got no help from the meatheads for 45 minutes...walked into the Stihl place and they helped me right away...sales and service are most of the picture...tell me how you think the redmax is better, or are you just looking for a change...
  4. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

Dealer support is a very big deal. I have used both Redmax and Stihl, I have 3 Redmax trimmers and will pick up a 4th once the Echo dies (hopefully soon). The Redmax have been the best trimmers I have ever used. I would recommend them to anyone.
  5. dcplace2004

please give me a little information of how the redmax 2600 is better than the Stihl 110R...I look at facts before I buy anthing...does the redmax 2600 have the power like the Stihl 110R?...
  6. mountain man

mountain man LawnSite Member

We also switched over to the 2600s from Stihl. We have at least 20 Red Maxes now. The power seems to be a little better and the Red Maxes are much lighter. Also the red maxes do not seem to be as loud.
  7. dcplace2004

do you think will match this bhp?...the 2600 won't, the 3000 won't...the 250 is one of the most powerful trimmers made...
  8. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I agree that the FS-250 is very powerful, never denied that. Stihls, in my opinion become very hard to start after they get a little mileage on them( blowers, trimmers and everything else). The 250s have been burning out coils with regularity and they are only 14 months old. This gets expensive at $92.00 a pop and the hassle of the down time. Redmax has twice the warranty duration of the Stihl products. Looking at the Redmax trimmers next to the Stihl the Redmax just looks like a more finished product.
  9. dcplace2004

I am going to call Stihl and ask them why the coils are lasting to a little over a year...perhaps something should be done about it, period...it does upset me that Stihl's warranty is only 1 year...can you explain the coil thing to me please and how it works...
  10. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

That's what I would say. I have one and love it! It will make you the money! payup