Redmax trimmer more powerful than stihl

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Jun 1, 2008.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I have both a redmax 2601s and stihl fs85r. Both are run without guards and with shindaiwa speedfeed heads. After using both I found that the redmax had more power and touque especially at the gearbox than did the stihl. The stihl does have power but it seems like redmax and echo have more power and feel better. Just my opinion. What do you think???

2. tras

tras LawnSite Member

Stihl is all i own. I have three FS110R's and they do great.

3. S man

Yes but I'm comparing the older fs85r. I have had a 110 combo unit and it did have power but between the redmax and stihl 2 cycle the redmax is better.

4. N.TX

N.TX LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

I agree. Redmax is the most powerful one ive used. I just bought a shindiawa though. Havent decided which one i like better but i think the shindiawa is a little more comfortable, has has decent power but not as much as the redmax.

5. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Had couple of Stihls.. Bought Redmax and not looking at a Stihl ever again. Awsome 2 cycle equipment.
    bcz 2600 (2) trimmers
    bcz 2610 trimmer
    ebz 8000 blower (big power)
    2600 hand held blower (best handheld blower I have used)
    24" double side hedge clippers (light and great power)

Not to mention the strato-charged engines are very fuel friendly.
    As long as Huskvarna leaves everything alone I will keep buying Redmax. if they start messing with them I will drop them like a pair of shi**y britches.

6. S man

Well said mike. I might look into getting the hand blower if I can still get the 2600 and not the 2601.

7. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

I used to own a 2600 and a FS85. The stihl was a bit more powerfull.
    The stihl still runs for backup, redmax not but I don't know which was used more often.

I replaced it with a 2401 and don't regret it. Less weight and really no power difference. On most lots you don't need power, it's only weight and a hazard for tree saplings.

Why do you want the older stuff? The 01-series are simpler in design.

8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I have the Stihl 55 , 80 and 250 and they are all plenty powerful for normal cutting. I use the 250 for the heavier stuff but it will hurt you if you get around some rocks. It is a beast and you really need a face shield in in the rocky area's.

9. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

the response i get any time anybody touchs my fs 80 wow thats lite same with my kaws and both will cut just as fast as you can walk

10. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

I have owned two Redmax BCZ3000s absolute piece of crap who wants mine? I have a storage unit with two laying around broke, engines lasted one season. and shocked you half the time when you started it. No better luck with Shindawia's weedeaters kept breaking the helical gears in the weedeater heads at $125 per set. I only run Stihl FS250R's now their the best darm weedeater out their IMO.