Redmax Trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KS_Grasscutter, Mar 13, 2007.

1. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I am wanting to buy a new trimmer this year. I was looking at the Redmax, specifically the TR2300 S. On the site it says it is something like 21.5 cc. Is that enough? Would the BCZ2601S Strato-Charged be a better choice, with like 25 cc? What is the advantage of the Strato-Charged engines? We have a very good dealer for these over in Wichita, about 40 mins away, so that is not really an issue.
  2. outdoorpowerrep

outdoorpowerrep LawnSite Member

The strato engine will save you over 30% on fuel savings. Try the BC2401s trimmer, 23.6cc and very lightweight. If you keep the guard on the TR2300 you should have enough power to do most jobs. If you take off the guard, the line can be too long and bogg down the engine. Good luck.
  3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i second the 2401- great trimmer
  4. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Ok, thanks for your help. I guess the 2401 will be the one I get then.
  5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

The TR2300 is a small unit. Your going to be keeping the guard on it or its not gonna have much power at all. The 2401 and 2601 are nice units. They vibrate a bit more than others but the power is great!
  6. David W

David W LawnSite Senior Member

I prefer the 2600's, as I have used both side by side and it has considerable more power. Just depends on what your cutting. If you doing mainly edging and light trimming around buildings or homes; the smaller engine is great.

I can get in some real thick areas and I prefer to have the bigger 25cc. Remember "its better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it" :)
  7. Gaturf

Gaturf LawnSite Member

I bought a 2401 at the end of 2005 and its great. they did have a problem with the carborator but it was under warranty. i keep the gaurd on and it does just fine. it does vibrate sometimes but overall its a good unit. im thinking of buying a new one and converting my trimmer into a full time hedge trimmer. a trimmer head will only cost around $200 and i only use it a few times a year.

ga turf
  8. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here- I have a Red Max BCZ2600S, I've had it for the past 3 seasons and I love it? :cool2:
  9. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

i totally agree. get the bzc2600 and nevera look back. Lightwieght to use everyday but has enough power to do some tough jobs.
  10. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Oh ya the BCZ2600S is an awesome trimmer, I would highly reccomend it. I ive used mine in all conditions including heavy brush cutting.
    I also have the BCZ2400S trimmer which is little smaller but works good. The Strato-Charged engines are real nice and do save on fuel.