Redmax Trimmer??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Evermow, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Evermow

Evermow LawnSite Member

I am in the market for a new trimmer, and I am cosidering a Redmax BC225DL. Does anyone have any experience with this product? I have heard some pretty good things about Redmax, and I also like their local dealer. Any suggestions?

2. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought the Red Max BCZ2600S trimmer and it is an excellent machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a Red Max!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

i just bought my second bc225. i love them

4. Brad Davis

Brad Davis LawnSite Member

I am demo'ing a redmax now and I love it too.

5. RTallday

RTallday LawnSite Member

I have and am in the process of trying to sell (see equipment for sale forum) two BCZ2400S trimmers. I discovered stihl and dont need these anymore. Also, the dealer support is non existant here. Anyway, before now, redmax is all i have used. The 224 and 225s are great, very strong running and reliable. The 226 sucks cause of some engine problem a mechanic friend told me about. I forget what it is, but thats not the better choice. Get the strato charged version of whatever you get. JMO

-Rich

6. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

the strato charged version looked bulkier and heavier. is this true? also, both dealers told me that the bc225 is what most outfits are running (compared to other redmax models)

7. Evermow

Evermow LawnSite Member

Yeah, I thought the only difference in the Strato-charged models was they are supposed to put out less pollution.:confused:

8. beaver

beaver LawnSite Member

i own two of these and I am 100% satisfied. you won't be disapointed.

9. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I have one that's 9 years old and still going strong. But then again, I'm a one man crew. :rolleyes: