REDMAX TRIMMERS / BLOWERS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RNH, Mar 14, 2001.

1. RNH

RNH LawnSite Member

I'm thinking of swiching from Sthil to Redmax on my back pack blowers and trimmers. You guys have any imput on wether there as good as the sales rep claiming ?

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

About 9 years ago, I got a Red Max trimmer and it was a lemon. We ended up taking it back, but 3 years ago, I got a Red Max EB6200 that has been fantastic. I forgot to drain out the gas and run it out last fall. It had about 1 cup of mix in it 2 days ago when I went out to clean up my lawn. I primed it, put on the choke, and on the second pull it was running.

From what I read here, the members here are having good luck with the Red Max trimmers too. We run Shindaiwa trimmers, power broom and have one small 42cc b/p blower. It seems they are both good brands to buy now.
    Eric

3. Grassman

Grassman LawnSite Member

All my 2cyl is Redmax and Snindiawa but I've used Stihl in the past. Redmax makes the best backpack blower in my opinion and their trimmers are tough and lightweight but Stihl has a better trimmer head design with less parts to get lost in the feild. Good luck, Russ

4. RNH

RNH LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input Eric, Boy I'm hearing alot about these Shindaiwa's, think I'll give them a look..

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Try a Shindaiwa. They have a 7 day money back guarantee.

6. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

Red max eb7000 is the best in my book, sure blows my br400 away.

7. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

NO, complaints with my red max trimmers!!!

8. RNH

RNH LawnSite Member

Thanks guys for the info been using sthil for years and have had some problems lately. I try looking into those brand that you mentioned...

Thanks again...

9. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Redmax EB-6200 backpack blower and the Shindaiwa T-230 trimmer. They're both great.

10. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I haven't used an EB7000, but I do own a EB6200. I used it today in fact. :)
    Anyway, I would like to try a EB7000 since I can't see a big improvement. The EB7000 has the EXACT same EFI as the EB6200 and only 1 MPH more wind speed, but weighs about 3 lbs. more. I can't see carrying that extra 3 lbs. for 1 more MPH of air speed.

How much more is the EB7000 over the EB6200?