redmax trimmers not what they use to be?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by griffy77, Oct 14, 2013.

1. aroddy

aroddy LawnSite Senior Member

You got me, I should of went into a little more detail. Husky throws their low end stuff into a line to give the dealers a competitive price product. Kinda like echo put the new shindaiwa trimmer ( echo srm225) and backpack blowers ( PB-500 / PB755) into their line up to offer a wider offering on their products.

Personally I can't tell you if the Redmax trimmer engines are still manufactured in Japan. The blowers I know for a fact aren't. Husqvarna did intergrate some redmax products into the lineup the past couple years, ex. 380BT blower / 430LS trimmer. But they are not available this year. They gone. The 560/570/580 blowers replaced the 380BT- which was a great unit, and the New 535LS replaced the 430LS. All I'm sayingis Husqvarna buys a line, gets the advantages of the line (strato-charged engines) and kind of make them a lower offering and sell them to Distributors to sell to dealers. The same thing happened when they bought the Yazoo-Kees and Dixon lines. Now Yazoo-Kees is DEAD. This is why I stated that Redmax is most likely into a decline. Just like everything else Husqvarna buys. That's what makes them the second largest source of Outdoor power equipment in the world.

2. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

Is the redmax 7500 still a good blower?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. aroddy

And I'm not here to get everyone Riled up in a frenzy. Just trying to have a good conversation on the OPE industry. This is what I do for a living. I don't sell boats, tractors or fourwheelers. I'm a OPE only shop. So I study the industry all I can to have advantages over my competitors around my area. So I try to state only facts for people to use on lawnsite, so people know what they are buying before they purchase a fleet of units and get stuck with something they could of done better on by a different product. Not saying i'm perfect but, I dont like to speculate on stuff I don't have a good knowledge on.

4. aroddy

They are a good blower. They have a good MPH/CFM balance to move lots of debris.

5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Yes, they are awesome, but the Husky version, the 570 BTS has a much better shoulder harness system. IMO, it is the best blower out right now. I could have bought any blower made, but the 570 has the most/best overall features.

6. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

It's all good bro. I like your posts and appreciate your input here. I just wanted to make sure that people don't get the wrong idea about Jonsered.:)