Redmax tune-up

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Dodge_Diesel, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Dodge_Diesel

Dodge_Diesel LawnSite Member

Have a Redmax 7500 blower that needs a tune-up. Any tips for tweaks to maximize performance?

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

remove the spark arrestor.

3. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Gold Member

Pull the muffler and make sure the exh. port is clear of any carbon buildup.
    Whats to tuneup? A new plug, that's about it.
    The main jet is fixed, though it can be tweeked a tad.

4. Dodge_Diesel

Dodge_Diesel LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info. This is my first "real" blower, making a huge leap forward from my electric Toro handheld. I did not know if with a little tinkering I could get a little better throttle response and power. I picked it up used and it seems to run pretty good except it every now and then at full throttle I notice the RPM's will increase a little for a few seconds. I pulled the plug and it looks pretty carboned up. Maybe a new plug and a fresh tank of pre-mixed gas is all it needs. When I pulled the air cleaner elbow off the carb I notice a lot of oil in the bottom of the elbow. Is this normal?

5. BigFish

What part of checking/cleaning the exh. port don't you understand?
    The oil is normal.

6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

What about the air and fuel filters guys??????

7. BigFish

Nah, the air filters are huge on those, wouldn't hurt to clean em' though. The fuel filters usually don't give ya any problems on those either. Ya might wanna replace the flimsy a$$ black rubber fuel line with some tygon or something similar. I generally end up replacing the fuel line on most all the ones we work on. ( most of em have already been replaced though)

8. mow4cash

mow4cash LawnSite Member

I would check your fuel lines and clean your air filter. Sounds like you may be sucking in some air and leaning out or vice versa with that surge. You want to fix that and it may need a new carb if nothing else works. If it is running a little lean at times it's a good way to kill the blower.