Redmax vs Husky vs Tanaka String Trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MBargar, Jul 4, 2009.

Which String Trimmer

1. Husqvarna 323L

17 vote(s)
  2. Redmax BCZ2610S

22 vote(s)
  3. Tanaka TBC-260PF

14 vote(s)
  4. Other

14 vote(s)
  1. MBargar

MBargar LawnSite Member

Fairly new to the business, just turned 18. Only have like 10 lawns a week at this point, but advertisin my butt off to get more. My echo srm-210 string trimmer just crapped out on me. Had carb problems its whole life, was real cold blooded, and its just not worth foolin with anymore. Looking to get a new trimmer and have narrowed it down to Redmax(I know its owned by Husky), Husqvarna, and Tanaka. The only other dealer I have around here sells Stihl. I want somethin that starts easy and is reliable.

I'm thinkin:

Redmax BCZ2610S, Husky 323L, or the Tanaka TBC-260PF

Lookin to spend around $300 max.

Just figured I should hear from other people that have used them before I just pick one with no prior experience. Numbers only mean so much ya know?

If you have any better suggestions, feel free to post them. Especially if it saves me a buck or two ;)
  2. Cuttinitclose

Cuttinitclose LawnSite Bronze Member

I know its not an option but, I like Stihl. Otherwise I would probably go RedMax.
  3. lyube

lyube LawnSite Fanatic

I use 3 redmax trimmers. GS25n, gs30n, and one that's a mixmaster of parts because I repaired it. I THINK it's a gs30n.

I got them all for free, so that's why I'm using them. Otherwise I would use stihl. If you were closer I could sell you one.

4. bighaydenslawn

bighaydenslawn LawnSite Senior Member

My thoughts as well, that Redmax model will compare with a Stihl FS 90 or FS 110.
  5. MBargar

MBargar LawnSite Member

up until now all I heard was redmax, redmax, redmax. Why is everyone now sayin g Stihl?

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I would go with the Redmax 2610. I'm a big Redmax fan.
  7. lyube

lyube LawnSite Fanatic

Of the 3, I'd say go with the redmax...
  8. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Just so you Die-Hard Red-max guys know Husqvarna purchased Komatsu-Zenoah in 2007.

I have tried both Shindy & Red-Max big weedeaters specifically the RM BCZ3050T it lasted less than three years, and shocked you when you started it if your hand was the least bit sweaty.

GO with STIHL
  9. lyube

lyube LawnSite Fanatic

3 years?

Good enough.

Trimmers do wear out eventually.
  10. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Thats what I was thinking, 3 years is pretty good.