1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Redmax vs Husky vs Tanaka String Trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MBargar, Jul 4, 2009.

?

Which String Trimmer

1. Husqvarna 323L

17 vote(s)
    25.4%
  2. Redmax BCZ2610S

22 vote(s)
    32.8%
  3. Tanaka TBC-260PF

14 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. Other

14 vote(s)
    20.9%
  1. 4Running

4Running LawnSite Member
    from Tx

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but after reading it I checked out, and borrowed several of the above units. I bought a new Tanaka, and it really feels great, and seems to be very heavy built. VERY nice unit!

2. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Which model of Tanaka did you get?

3. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

Where have you been? I was wondering about you!!! You buy your trimmer yet?

I thought you are into hand held stuff, while you were gone, I was the only one holding the bag!!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:waving:

4. 20xd

20xd LawnSite Member

Personally my next purcase will be Dolmar or Makita.I have been blown away by the quality of the Dolmar 7600 back pack I got a couple a months ago.As for Tanaka, I was at Hatachi last week picking up some parts and Jack the service tech showed me the new Hatachi trimmers.The first run will be rebadged Tanaka units and will show up at lowes soon.Tanaka will go to the dealer and Hatachi to the box stores. He said at least for the first year the units would be the same just rebadged at a lower price.

5. 4Running

4Running LawnSite Member
    from Tx

Hi guys!

I got a 255sfk. its a split shaft with a bunch of attachments for it. The more I run it the better it gets. Although I did order a better padded handle for it from my dealer. BEats that new Echo combo pack my buddy got, hands down. He wishes now he would have spent the extra money to get the Tanaka!

6. EARTH5

EARTH5 LawnSite Member

red max is the only way to go... ive had them alll.....dont mistake it

7. 4Running

4Running LawnSite Member
    from Tx

Great machines no doubt.

But I have to be honest, if it feels good in your hand, and you trust the dealer, GET IT. All of the above brands are great. Anyone who says otherwise is just giving an opinion.

8. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

What this guy said. I have used them all also. REDMAX

9. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I voted for redmax but I perfer shindy or stihl.