Redmax vs Husqvarna Trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gocards, Mar 7, 2008.

1. gocards

gocards LawnSite Member

What's the difference between Redmax and Husqvarna Trimmers? Thanks!

2. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have anything from Husky, but I do have a Redmax trimmer. I would estimate it has been used on about 4,500 lawns and is still going strong. I changed the spark plug once and clean the filter a few times a year. Redmax is top notch stuff.

3. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

If you want a strong trimmer, Redmax BCZ3001S is the way to go. Not expensive, 11.3lb,1.7hp. For 25cc range. Husky 326L is 9.9lb, Redmax is a little heavier.

I study the engine of both. Husky 326 engine is harder to service because the cylinder is part of the upper half of the crankcase. If you have to change the ring or do anything, you basically have to take the engine completely apart. Redmax engine, the cylinder is bolted onto the crankcase. If you need to change rings, 4 bolts and the cylinder comes off. I wound take the Redmax over the Husky. Cleaning up carbon will be a lot easier.

I heard good things about Husky trim head. The spool have separate slot so it is easier to wind the string. I don't know about the Redmax head. I did a lot of research and end up getting the Honda.

I like the Husky 324L because it has the Honda GX25 engine. I verify with Husky people.

4. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

Dont listen to yungman he hasnt used either!

Just because Husky owns Redmax doesnt mean they are the same. They are as different as echo and stihl.

What is it exactly you want to know?

5. yungman

from Calif.

What is your problem? Everything I said is true. Have you ever look at the part diagrams. I am just talking about easy to service. Or is it that you want people to buy something that cost more for you to fix?

Where do you even get the idea that I imply they are the same!!! They are as different as night and day.

6. yungman

from Calif.

What is your problem? Everything I said is true. Have you ever look at the part diagrams. I am just talking about easy to service. Redmax is so much easier to work on compare to Husky, it is very selfish of you to come in and bark just to bark. nOr is it that you want people to buy something that cost more to fix so you can charge more?

Where do you even get the idea that I imply they are the same!!! They are as different as night and day. READ BEFORE YOU POST. Why are you so angry all the time. I read a lot of your posts, you never have anything to offer, just negativity.

7. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

I never said anything to you about you thinking they were the same.

My post was to the guy who started the thread. I thought he should know you are a homeowner and and have not used either of said machines.

I sell both units and yes I have seen diagrams on them.

The problem I have with you is that you are in a LCO forum being a homeowner and giving out information that you know nothing about.

example - You mentioned about the engine. Do you know how often guys are replacing rings? If they have a serious problem then generally the whole piston and cylinder are in need and the cost is VERY close to buying a new unit. So what do they do - yup, buy a new unit.

Instead of trying so hard let some other people (Ones that have actually used at least one of the said units) give their opinion. It is a lot more helpful to hear someone that has experience then someone that hasn't.

PS: the only negative posts have been to you and I havent been the only one.

Gocards: If you need a specific answer let me know. PM is ok too.

8. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Well said.

BTW, the Husky is extremely comfortable. I have a friend that uses all Husky hand held and all of it edgers, blowers and trimmers are well balanced and comfortable.

9. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Oh boy saw man and yungman, I do have a q for you yung, do you have a lawn biz or just like the green industry? Because your equipment mentioned is kind of small for a lawn service.

Anyway I haven't used a husky but think redmax is good. I will switch back to redmax when my stihls break. or maybe before that.

10. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

I can't speak for the Redmax trimmers as i've never used one, but the 326LS Husky is one of the lighter weight 25cc units and it's a solid performer.