Redmax Vs. Shindaiwa Vs. Stihl Vs. Echo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Howie's Lawn Care, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Who has the best products for the price. I'm looking at an edger, trimmer, and backpack blower. Thanks for the help.

2. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I've had the best luck with shindaiwa. I've used all of them except red max....I know nothing about them and very few guys have them around here. Echo is ok but I had probs with the carbs and mufflers within 2 years. My shindaiwa stuff is two years old and still firing 1st or 2nd pull...I'd say go with shindaiwa

3. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

This has been discussed 1000 times. Use the search feature

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

All of the brands you mentioned are good, some items may be better by another manufactuer, but all 4 are good companies, goes back to which dealer you feel comfartable with may be closest to you

5. lucky4511

lucky4511 LawnSite Member

our red max blowers start 1st or 2nd pull every time and the trimmers are great. i taught myself maintenance and repair when i worked for a larger lco several years ago and they were a breeze. i could always get one started - echo, even newer, always give me problems.

6. STOIC4NOW

STOIC4NOW LawnSite Member

shindiawa makes the best weed eaters(T-270's) and stick edgers(LE-230 i think). I bought mine from my boss when he cycled out his equipment. one of the weed eaters is 7 years old( first one he bought me in 1998) and they still start on the first or second pull they have excellent balance plenty of power. the stick edger is simply the best I've ever used bar none. the shidiawa back-back blowers are really strong too but they're a little heavy for me(slipped disk) and i don't like the separate throttle control. so i use the stihl BR 420. We've tried the other brands(redmaxx makes good hedge trimmers) but we keep going back to the shindiawa's. when you're averaging 25 acres a day you have to have equippment that you know will do the job day in and day out. it's been a while since I've checked new prices for these but i think the shindiawa's are more expensive($500.00+ for the T-270) but its well worth it. Anyway enough of the sales pitch~!!! what ever brand you get don't skimp and get a model thats smaller than what you need (the #1 reason for crappy equipment syndrome " ahh this stuff sux!!")
    anyway I hope this helps
    stoic