redmax vs stihl blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bettergrass, Jun 18, 2004.

1. bettergrass

bettergrass LawnSite Member

I have been in the market for a new bp blower for a long time now and i have been reading up on post on hear to try to see if i should go with stihl 420 or the top blower redmax sells. When i compared the two it looked like Redmax's blowers had higher mph ratings and hight cfm's than stihls. So i would think that i should by the redmax but one problem......

Stihl dealer is literly 1 min away from my house and the redmax is a good 25min drive away

WHAT SHOULD I DO

2. satch

satch LawnSite Member

bought the 420 back in the spring.same circumstance stihl dealer 1 mile redmax 30 miles away

3. minerapex

minerapex LawnSite Member

get the redmax eb7001. You will be much happier. The stihl dealer is 2 min from my house and the redmax is 15 min. So far I have had no problems with the redmax and will be buying a second one this fall. I also got the redmax handheld blower. :)

4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Just me, I have stihl and would go Redmax, at least for a Blower. But how do the two dealers measure up in terms of service, etc?

5. littlenic

littlenic LawnSite Member

I thought the stihl 4 mix was coming out in July? Stihl has got to do something in regard to the 7001, the 8000 and the echo 650 so I'm waiting to see what the 4 mix has to offer.

Good luck, littlenic

6. bettergrass

bettergrass LawnSite Member

stihl dealer is great with support and customer service....really friendly guys there and they seem to know their stuff

I havent visited the Redmax dealer but i will be sure to ask where their distribuation center is cause Stihls is right down the road and they get any parts they need next day

7. Stripe master

Stripe master LawnSite Member

I had 6 stihl blowers. They were a pain to start and just werent enough power for leaf removal. I have replaced them with Redmax and in doing so I have reduce my clean up time with the extra power and I am also enjoying the nice cool air when running the blower. They blow air up your back! Great Feature! The straps are nicer and they have a 2 year commercial warranty! And by the way I got a steal on mine! Only 430.00 shipped!