redmax vs stihl trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blowin Grass, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Blowin Grass

Blowin Grass LawnSite Member

2. thrasher428

thrasher428 LawnSite Member

I have both but i prefer the stihl.
  3. TxLawn

TxLawn LawnSite Member

Just bought a FS100 4 mix. Great weight to power ratio
  4. phntmfoot

phntmfoot LawnSite Member

Both great products. I would lean towards Redmax in an effort to stay 2-stroke though.
  5. AdvoCare15

AdvoCare15 LawnSite Member

If you are going to want RedMax, be sure and buy them soon. RedMax got bought out by Husqvarna. It will only be a matter of time before all the exsisting inventory is gone, then they will be huskies painted red. Just look at the new chainsaws husqvarna, er, Redmax has. I'm a redmax dealer and this really sucks. I'll probably be looking for another ope next year.
  6. phntmfoot

phntmfoot LawnSite Member

The information that I have is that the Redmax line wont change. Husky building a couple of chainsaws for Redmax cant be a harmful addition. Husky still has some really nice saws.
  7. AdvoCare15

AdvoCare15 LawnSite Member

True, RedMax has needed bigger saws for some time now. And Husky does make some nice saws, that's for sure. The only thing that has me concerned about this whole thing is that Husky has a bad rep for saying things won't change (at least not while there is still a warehouse full of product). I'm just afraid that we will start seeing what used to be high end product in the box stores and they are being sold cheaper than I can buy them and they are not going to be good products. That's just a concern and theory, of course I don't have anything concrete, other than Craftsman's, er, AYP's, er Electrolux, er, Husky's history.

I guess back to the original question of the topic. RedMax makes incredible product. With the new Strato Charged technology and overall quality, it would make a great addition to your equipment. Stihl makes excellent saws, and if you talk to an honest Stihl dealer he'll tell you that they should stayed making saws. Their trimmers are pretty good, but they are mostly riding on the good name of their saws. Hope this helps and didn't confuse you. (Personally while RedMax is still RedMax, they need to stick to trimmers and blowers) Also, the only down to the Strato Charged engine is that they are a little cold blooded, but that's about it.
  8. wannabamower

wannabamower LawnSite Member

I really like my Stihl. It is powerful and light. I haven't used a redmax trimmer.
  9. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm a Husky and a Stihl dealer and I think Redmax is a great trimmer, but I also like the Stihl's a lot and certain Husky models. As for Redmax being changed by Husky I'm not sure that will happen. Everything I've been told is that Redmax will be left alone, but some of the Redmax units will also turn up in Husky orange. It's already happening with the blowers. 170BT= EZB7001
    and the soon to be out 180BT = 8001