RedMax vs Stihl

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by UrbanGreen, Mar 3, 2008.

1. UrbanGreen

UrbanGreen LawnSite Member

I am looking to replace my weedeaters, edgers, and hedge trimmers this year. I have run stihl equipment and was wondering what you guys think of redmax equipment. I use redmax blowers and love em. I have heard that the stihls are all 4 stroke now and are heavier and cost a lot more. Anybody have advice on the better product?
  2. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Better - not sure. More comfortable with - REDMAX.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not going to say that they are better as its really opinion for the most part, but I prefer Redmax. I have Redmax weed whackers, edgers, and blowers and love all of them.
  4. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Redmax trimmers are good trimmers as good as the blowers.:waving:
  5. UrbanGreen

Thanks for inputs! Can you get a lot of use out of the redmax's? Most of my stihl I have run for 4-5 years but they of course are not the 4strokes.
  6. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

The most we get out of a blower. no matter who makes it one year, with good service

The life of a blower at full throttle is about 300 hours.:waving:
  7. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

I have owned 4 Stihl blowers (BR400's and Br420s) and 3 shindaiwa/redmax. Redmax and Shindaiwa use the same engine and I found them to have no discernible difference. I found the Redmax/Shindaiwa blowers to be stronger and to start easier. My old Stihl's didn't have a carb pump, so they always took a few more pulls when cold. I wouldn't want a unit without a carb pump. I vote for Shind/Redmax.
  8. UrbanGreen

Wow! I have two ebz8000 that are 3 yrs old and still run great! They were ran year round. I just bought 3 more ebz8001. Thats what has made me interested in the rest of their equipment.
  9. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I'm wondering if redmax is better with their trimmers. Because I use stihl 2 cycles and like them. I had a redmax and didn't like it too much.
  10. bladecutter582

bladecutter582 LawnSite Member

I have both and I like the Redmax much better. Great torque and a very solid unit with twice the warranty.:cool2: