Redmax vs Stihl

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Dominicano, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Dominicano

Dominicano LawnSite Member

Hello guys, I'm in need of a hedger and weedeater but debating on what brand to get. What do you guys think about Redmax vs Stihl?

2. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

Just go with redmax, you won't regret.

3. Dominicano

Thanks JNyz. Appreciate your input.

4. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

here you go, this is pretty interesting stuff!

Attached Files:

5. detailed lawn care

detailed lawn care LawnSite Member

Iam with Jnyz never have had a problem with any of my redmax trimmers.

6. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

if you go with stihl, don't get the cheep easy start junk, get the commercial kind, I've had great luck with stihl.

7. Dominicano

Good info retrodog!!:clapping:

8. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Just the moving parts thing sold me, they are also quieter, have way less emissions, and are generally easier to get worked on. I am in the process of switching all my stihl stuff to Redmax. Just sold my Farm Boss the other day, and got the GZ4000 Redmax. It was $279, and its lighter than anything wal-mart has to offer! I can start it holding it still in my hand! I never got the stihl out, cause it was too heavy for me, and I couldn't ever get the thing started!

9. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

Redmax or Kawi

10. lawnbutch

lawnbutch LawnSite Member
    from Colo.

My dealer showed me some interesting info today!!!! Kawi, Redmax. Echo and some others meet the tier 3 and 300 hour test, then he showed me the sheet on stihl, wow!! most of their stuff would only meet the 50 hour test, which means most of their stuff is built for the home owner market. Now I don't know which engine family does meet the 300 hours, but it didn't look like many did. I have a FS100FX trimmer that I'am going to replace with a Kawi. I wander how long it will be before we see stihl in the box stores???