Redmax w/o guard

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by walker/redmax, Aug 3, 2006.

1. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, I was just looking on Redmax's website and noticed that on trimmer models up to the 2600, they are listing the trimmers weight with the guard and without the guard. I put my guards on part of the time and leave them off sometimes too, it just kind of depends on what kind of trimming I'm doing. However, I don't think that as a manufacturer I would be doing anything whatsoever to promote tampering with safety devices. What do you guys think? Oh, by the way, just so I don't have to start another thread, is there a very substantial power difference between the 2400 and the 2600? I love my 2600 and 3000 but was just sort of curious. Thanks!!:waving:

2. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

Nobody? Come on.

3. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

Most manufactures weigh the machines w/o certain parts. Chainsaws are generally weighed w/o bar and chain and sometimes side cover.

They do it to say they have a lighter weight machine.

4. mowpart rep3

mowpart rep3 LawnSite Member

i know its a pain sometimes but i wouldnt take the chance of somthing hitting you. i like the 2600 its plenty of power and anything else is an overkill. and if you need a red max we can sell you one at mowpart.com