RedMax weedeater and edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HacMan91, Jan 16, 2003.

1. HacMan91

HacMan91 LawnSite Member

Im going to buy a Redmax weedeater and edger in the next month or so and Im wondering if any of you that own one are still happy with them. I run stihl FS80's. The weedeater and edger I demoed was the 2600 series. The stick edger was the straight shaft. They both have plenty of power compared to what Im used too. My other question is, have any of you had any problems with any of them and are these about the same models that you guys run. I bought the EB7000 last year, if the weedeaters and edgers are anything like the blower I shouldnt have any problems. Thanks:D

2. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: hacman, i own some 20 pieces of redmax equipt. and i LOVE each one, never had a problem with the 2600, use a good oil low in ash and should have little problem. i been running super unleaded in my redmax and i have never had a engine related problem. i put many hours a year on my redmax and i usually sell them off ever 3 years or so to keep everything fresh, i sell most equipt. to friends in the bus. and have'nt had anyone complain about what they had bought. i think you'll be happy as most of us here on lawnsite. tony

3. JohnstownMower

JohnstownMower LawnSite Member

I have had a redmax trimmer for two years and it is great!
    I plan to buy another one next year.

4. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

I still have the first redmax trimmer I ever purchased (1996). I named her "Betsy", and she still purrs great for me. She gives a few of my employees a hard time, so I let them use the new ones. I think I have only killed one trimmer (had my pole pruner attachment on it). I swear by their product line. Just pull the screen from the exhaust port when you purchase the machine and clean the exhaust ports 1-2X's per season. Like mentioned before, use Redmax or other good oil. Between blowers, trimmers and hedge trimmers, we too have close to 20 pieces of Redmax equipment:D

Bob

5. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

6. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

about the only thing I dont like about redmax trimmers are the handles no matter where I move it I still feel like im bending over . so I put on a old echo foam covered D handle thats about 8 inchs long. but I see ECHO is going to the ergo handles also man I hate them . I like my support arm fully extented so my elbow is not bent

7. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

We love Redmax equipment too...we've got lots of it and run into very few problems with it. The only problem we had was a crank seal (i think it was that) blew out on a trimmer that was a few months old and it wouldn't start because it couldn't create any vacuum or something like that. I forget exactly what the mechanic said but that was the basic idea. Besides that the Redmax line has been flawless in my eyes...

:blob3:

8. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

One other Redmax complaint was about the backpacks...we've gone thru about 5 or 6 straps on our backpacks (less than a year old) & they were not covered under warranty.

But by all means go with the Redmax equipment...you will not be sorry...

:blob3: