1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

redmax weedeater

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clay duncan, May 9, 2006.

1. clay duncan

clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member

i replaced my spool on my 2400 redmax today. the dealer said i had to replace the complete assembly and could not just buy the spool. does this sound right?. $35 later i am thinking this is going to be expensive. i will need at least one a year. i like the weedeater but i am going to have to give the nod to stihl for cheap, easy spool replacement......clay
  2. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

I replaced the head on our Redmax split-boom with an Echomatic head (the Redmax head was a pain in the hindquarters to reload), I dont think that they run $35 smacks though...I dunno?

However $35 spread out per cut, per year...that machine is making you money, yes? Wear and tear.

3. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

You can buy just the cord holder, its about $7.00 I think. Part number is T3189-15142. Our whole heads usually last about 1 season.
  4. clay duncan

clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member

sure james but $35. vs $7. i like the way the redmax head loads...clay
  5. kdbetters

kdbetters LawnSite Member

Yes I Bought The Just The Spool Today From My Dealer For Just $9.00. The Head Is Actually Broken Into Like 5 Different Parts, But Having A Complete Backup Is Not A Bad Idea.