1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Redmax, whats going on

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scotty, Oct 20, 2000.

1. Scotty

Scotty LawnSite Member

I purchased a new Redmax EB7000, after running it for the day it felt like the engine was not running as fast as the EB6200. I used a tachometer on the 6200 it was around 7700-7800 RPM. The EB7000 was 7500 RPM. The manual for both 6200 & 7000 says 7500RPM is max. Whats going on, why is my 7000 less than the 6200.

Could someone please measure RPM on 6200 & 7000 Redmax. I used a digital tachometer.

The dealer says its 7500 its ok, but my older 6200 have higher RPM. 200-300 RPM makes a HUGE difference.
  2. hogfaneiw

hogfaneiw LawnSite Member

As it breaks in it will probably improve.

Are you using a larger diameter line, running longer lines or using a different cutting head? If it doesn't improve and none of these variables are different look for a blockage in the muffler screen and welcome to the wonderful world of EPA.
  3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

If he is running a cutting head on a blower that would be a problem :)

As I understand the 7000 is designed to run at a lower rpm yet still have equal performance to the 6200. Probably an effort to quiet them a little.
  4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Scotty is talking about Redmax Backpack blowers, not trimmers.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

c You might also want to check the cable to see if it is opening the governor up all the way.
  6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

If you are not using high octane .You might
    want to try it unless redmax says no.
  7. Scotty

Scotty LawnSite Member

Thanks guys for the information, after using it today, it does seem to blow pretty good. I guess I was just used to feeling and hearing the higher RPM.

Thanks again, Scott
  8. stick9

stick9 LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, now go buy one for me. :)