Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hagen, Oct 4, 2003.

1. hagen

hagen LawnSite Member
    from texas

i have thinking about switching to redmax, but all i here abut is there blowers. I was wondering if there weedeaters were any good
  2. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

redmax makes bad blowers- shindiawa makes bad trimmers!!!
  3. Shack

Shack LawnSite Member

I have Redmax blowers, trimmers, hedge trimmers, & stick edgers. They are great. I sill have the first trimmers I started with 7 years ago. We use them for training and as backups.
  4. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

You won't regret buying redmax trimmers I know i don't
    Lot's of power, easy to star.

I've run

And redmax is my favorite of all also most reliable so far.
  5. kels

kels LawnSite Senior Member

I own all redmax:
    hedge clippers
    pole saw
    b/p blowers
    stik edger

no problems with any of it
  6. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Some guys think you gotta have all the same brand becasue of convienence of dealer parts and stuff. Not true. For example, redmax blowers could be the best for you, and shindawa trimmers could be the best for you. Same goes with mowers. Some things work better in different conditions. Factors include humidity, air oxygen levels, dust levels, temperature, etc. . Other things might include dealer part availability, gas consumption (altitude is in this factor), oil consumption, if its a mower-what kind of grass you are mowing, etc. . Not everyone is going to say the same thing about everything.

(oh ya, I LOVE redmax:p )

MIMAINTAINCE LawnSite Member

I have 3 shindaiwa trimmers, 1 shinny stick edger. Those work real well for me. I run Redmax backpack blowers though and are just as good. 1 of my whips is a late 80's T20 and it still is as good as a new one. Well, almost.
  8. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

How much are those shindawia stick edgers?
  9. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: 35 pieces of redmax equiptment and love evryone of them, we have (12) 7001 blowers and they are awesome, go with you will not be sorry. tony
  10. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Redmax blowers (hand held and back pack) Redmax trimmers. They all start on the first or second pull and run great. Had the same ones for 3 years now. Never had them in for repairs, just your usual maintenance at home.