Redmax

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Keepers, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Lawn Keepers

Lawn Keepers LawnSite Member

I'm about to purchase new equipment for the upcoming season...I have always used Stihl but am thinking of converting to Redmax...I have heard nothing but good things about their products. I am considering the EBZ 8000 blower, BCZ 3000s Trimmer, SRTZ 2500 short reach hedge trimmer, and the HEZ 2500 straight shaft edger. Please let me know if you think I will be happy.

Thank you

2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

I haven't used all their products but did try one of their blowers once, it rocked to say the least. I think you'll be very happy. Not a real fan of Sthil except for their chain saws and pole chainsaw.

3. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I think those are good choices. Let me know if I can help.

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Started redmax this season no grip here, it is in my opinion the best OPE in the field.The best warrenty in the biz.

5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Have heard some great things about Redmax so you i'm sure you would be happy with any of their products.

6. One Timer

One Timer LawnSite Member
    from iowa

The 8000 series redmax works very well , but do not sell your smaller blowers, the 8000 is heavy,and take a little time getting it on, so for the regular to small job sites it is handy just to grab a smaller blower, and yes we use the 8000,s series blowers there sweeeeet.

7. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had good luck with the RedMax blowers, the 7000's, 7001's and the 8000's. I really wasn't impressed with the line trimmers, they were OK, but the Kawasaki and Shindaiwas have been better. JMO

8. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i have redmax trimmers ,edgers and hedge trimmers. imo it is the best you can buy. i have had one of my trmmers for 4 years and it still starts on the first pull unlike stihl. my back pack blowers are stihl but i got a great deal on them i will eventually get redmax blowers too.

9. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a redmax trimmer that is 10 years old, never been to the shop except for a tune up this year. I also have two new ones, they are lighter and rock. :cool2:

10. bettergrass

bettergrass LawnSite Member

i asked redmaxman this but i want to know from some of you guys

can my stihl dealer service a redmax machine. any of you do this

there is no redmax dealers close to me