1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Redmax7001/Echo750 Blowers again??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AuburnGuy, Oct 17, 2003.

1. AuburnGuy

AuburnGuy LawnSite Senior Member

I know this has been run into the ground. I will purchase one of these two soon. I have run the echo 750 and was impressed, but i have not run the redmax. It would seem based on the specs that the 7001 would have to be much stronger
    7001 - 730 CFM @204mph
    750 - 625 CFM @ 201mph
    In some of the threads some of you say the echo is a little stronger. How is this?
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I have both...I can't tell the difference FWIW.
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I tested the echo and redmax when I bought them on the dealers lot. Me and the salesman both agreed. Redmax seemed to be stronger. They sold both and the echo was priced more, so he wasn't looking just to make a sale. I have 2 Redmax blowers now. Love them both.
  4. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

They are both great blowers but the Echo does move more air!

Save a couple of bucks and get the PB-650.
  5. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

the lco I work for has a pb 650 and a shindaiwa.

I like the 650 better. lots of power and a great unit.....but then again I swear by echo everything
  6. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

i have a shin and the 750.the echo blows more air than the shin by a little bit.they both start right up.i like the 750 because the controls are on the pipe not on the left
  7. challenger55

challenger55 LawnSite Member

i am pretty sure for the redmax you can get the controls on the pipe i think its called the 7001rh

well i have a 7001 and love it when i first got it i blowed off my back yard and it had a lot of pine straw and i got done in like 20min when raking it might take up to 2hr w/ me and my dad raken

i was very impressed
  8. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

the shin has the controls on the left only.i went with the echo because there isn't a redmax dealer near me