RedMax8000 Tube Mount Throttle

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fareway Lawncare, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Does the 8000 come in a Tube...Dealer finally has Stock & They're All Hip...He's Checking But his Rep. isn't known for his Wealth of Information....

2. ITL

ITL LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

I have the right hand tube (model EBZ 8000 RH) model on order as of today. Dealer checked warehouse before ordering it for me and said they are available. Hope he is correct and I am using it next week. I do not want the left hip throttle(EBZ 8000).

Wayne

3. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Seen one today on my dealers floor. $499.00 7001, $565.00 8000, both tube mounted throttle.

4. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

PR Fect, Did the Tubes have Cruise Control ?

5. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

i love the hip mounted cruise control, omg i could never use tube mounted throttles they are so much more work to play with the trigger and stuff.

6. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes ours does, as did the ones I had seen. I would never get one with out the tube mounted throttle. Why would you want to have the controls where it takes two hands instead of just one? Everything is in my right hand, left hand free.

7. Four C. Landscaping

Four C. Landscaping LawnSite Member

This year I bought the Red Max 7001 with the throttle on the left and tube on right for $450.00. seems that the trigger on the tube would be more of a pain than better than the left hand throttle.I tried both and preferred the left handed throttle.It is much easier to manuver when blowing out cramped beds and small spaces where the trigger would be in the way.
    Just my opinion. payup