1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SJR Lawncare, Sep 20, 2000.

1. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a RedMax 2300dl String trimmer today. I hope it is a good one that will last long & have lots of power. It seems powerful so far. Anyone have one? What do you guys think?? Ive never used RedMax equipment before
  2. script

script LawnSite Member

A friend of mine just bought a red max and this thing has awsome power, but I can't speak for dependability because I've never owned one. He showed me the new red max blower that he bought and actually pushed a brick on the street. I have an echo trimmer and husky blower with no problems, but if I ever switch, I'll seriously consider Red Max.

3. jaybee

jaybee LawnSite Member

Did you know that the same company that makes Red Max use to make the old "Green Machine" brand. I have two of the old green machines that are still going. I figured I would get another new trimmer this spring as my business is growing and i always carry a couple trimmers. I bought a Red Max as I already have a Red Max back pack blower(awsome) I bought the Red Max trimmer in early May, use it every day and it has been terriffic. Plenty of power, good balance and the string taps out perfectly. It has a new carberator system so it uses hardly any fuel. I am totally impressed and I think it has a 2 year warranty. I use it a lot and I am impressed.
  4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I've got a Redmax eb6200 blower. It runs great. It will peel the pavement back(almost).
  5. jaybee

jaybee LawnSite Member

I have the 6200 blower also. Just bought a set of Red Max Hedge trimmers also. Great
  6. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds great, Glad I bought it. Thanks for the input guys.

7. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

We have 1,600 hrs on one 2300 unit and only replaced 1 shaft and 1 tap head due to normal wear. Red Max is all we will run.
  8. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

I own two 2300 series and dont think you will be disappointed. It is worht the money. The red max corporation bought the rights to the patented motor and trimmer head. More or less it is a green machine. Green machine was in finacial trouble and sold all rights to red max. look on the side of the motor and it has a funky japanese name and that name is also on the green machine, and do believe but don't hold me to it but it is on the shidaiwa, but they dont have the same trimmer head.
  9. steve

steve LawnSite Member

RedMax's Parent company is Komatsu-Zenoah. They are big into construction equipment in japan.

It's A Great Product
  10. The Lawn Genie

The Lawn Genie LawnSite Member

I have a Red MAx trimmer, blower, and hedge trimmer. They are all good equipment (all 3 years old and still going.) I must say however that I have also purchased a lot of Stihl equipment, and you just can't beat the power or the dependability of a Stihl.