redmaxx = redlaxx........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wdn, Jun 9, 2008.

1. wdn

wdn LawnSite Member

just went and looked at the 8001 redmax....guy would not gas one up for me to try but the brochure states 943 without the pipe...didnt give the end of the pipe figure....just bought the 600 stihl this weekend and was wanting to compare it to the reddmaxx....anybody know the cfm numbers at the pipe for the rmaxx?? if it looses what most do then it isnt as strong as the 600 i just bought....thanks....
  2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

With pipe is 915 cfm. I can blow a gate entrance closed with it while the rod scrapes the cement:weightlifter::laugh: I wouldn't use anything more powerful than the redmaxx 8001
  3. wdn

wdn LawnSite Member

where did you get that pipe number?? wonder how it only looses 25 cfms thru the pipe when everybody else looses several hundred ???
  4. lostmdboy

lostmdboy LawnSite Member

I thought it was like 750cfm's at the end of the pipe. I own one, and it does kick @ss!!
  5. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Sorry, should have been without the pipe. With the pipe its 685 cfm
  6. N.TX

N.TX LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

I have the 8000 which i love for the bigger jobs. I had some problems with it at first but i think they have all the quirks out. Basically put a new engine on it and ive had no problems since except for the kill switch. I have heard alot of guys around here who like the redmax better.
  7. Allamericanlandscaping

Allamericanlandscaping LawnSite Member

seems most people like the STIHL because it is lighter and more confrotable, i know i am getting a BR 600 this week!
  8. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

I own two redmax 8000's and I have used them for years. I would not give them up for anything. I own one of the older versions with the throttle and kill switch on the opposite side of the pipe and one of the newer versions with the throttle and kill switch on a pistol grip connected to pipe. The only work I have had to do on them is put new carbs on both. Otherwise they have delivered excellent service and their power has come very handy especially on those horrible leaf cleanups with wet piles of leaves.
  9. wdn

wdn LawnSite Member

thanks charles...that sounds more like it...still plenty none the less...
  10. wdn

wdn LawnSite Member

bought one this weekend and have been running it thru its paces...think i got a winner here....let me know how you like yours when you get it..