1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Redoing a 1 year old repair by another company

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Oct 26, 2007.

1. this elderly couple got screwed. Lousy work. look at these pics and find the faults. The call was for a leak. Turned out it was from a previous repair glue joint. Both valves were squeezed into 1 6' valve box.

2. I actually did this. haven't glued a valve job in ages since I send those jobs Henry's way cuz of all the digging. Took three pics to help Jon determine if the red line is needed.

3. :as valve backs out of tee:
  4. wire nuts only......
  5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Your primer hand seems a bit shaky/loose/ free-willed.

Joint stress?

6. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

I never thought the day i see Fimco and under stress in the same sentence

::::: shock::::::
  7. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

8. It was a brand new can of primer. I'm a sloppy primer person. Tend to dob a lot and slop over everything. I guess I'm thinking BBQ sauce. The pipe pulled out of the glue joint. BUT the previous person should have replaced both valves not one since the other was an old HR-1 and he left dry splices all over the place.
  9. I did notice the 2400 and did notice the other valve was not the same since the solenoid was off-set but missed the classic cracked bonnet or cracked body:hammerhead: ....
  10. I think you put the orange wire nut in front off the bleed screw just so you could hide it from view...I would have been all over that....lol