redwing boots

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tierralawn, May 12, 2003.

1. tierralawn

tierralawn LawnSite Member

:blob3: :blob4: :blob1: are redwing boots ,worth the investment

2. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

I have but 1 word for you in regards to that question.

YES.

3. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh Yes!

4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn LawnSite Member

2 of my buddys SWEAR by them,they have both had the same pair for years and we were rough on boots!When we were in constuction we would jackhammer,walk on rebar,walk thru concrete,blacktop and thru brooks and such.
    I'm an idiot i guess,i wear more of a hunting boot,they just feel more comfortable to me but i easily go thru at least one pair a year.

5. Mueller Landscape Inc

Mueller Landscape Inc LawnSite Senior Member

I vote no.

6. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

This one is just over a year old. After I pay about $250 for a pair I don't want them to be totally worn out so soon. I'll be taking them to get resoled for $40 really soon. My daughter says they can talk.

boot.jpg

7. Arc Burn

Arc Burn LawnSite Member

Barkley,must have been a pair of those "made on friday afternoon boots!"
    Seriously though after 4 years one guy took his to get resoled,i thought that was impressive,and like i said(much like all of you)we are rough on boots.

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Can't say anything about Redwing, but my feet have never taken to boots easily. I love my Dr. Martins, by far most comfortable boot I have ever worn.

MATT

9. Mr.Stripey Lawn Care

Mr.Stripey Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Some of the guys I frame with have and like them, but I try to replace my boots every year anyway, and those are so damned expensive. Sweaty feet tend to get smelly, even with the odor eaters. Like Arc said, Rocky's or LaCrosse. I need the insulation in the winter though. Plus they are comfortable, waterproof, and have good traction.

10. Arc Burn

Arc Burn LawnSite Member

As a matter of fact,i'm wearing Lacrosse right now.I've had these for just over a year and just started to rip a seam on each boot.