redzone?'s

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Squirter, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Squirter

Squirter LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

what is the maximum outdoor temp. for spraying redzone to spot treat broadleaf weeds? i'm in central indiana with daytime temps in the mid to high 80's. what would happen if i did use redzone when exceeding the temp restriction?

if my current temps are too high for redzone, what other products are recommended for broadleaf weed control?

2. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

i'll be the first to say it...do i win anything? read the label. 85 degrees. most are this way, but obviously we can't always follow it to a "T". get out there early and avoid the hottest parts of the day if possible. i've spot treated with it at 90 or so with no problems though.

3. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

Biggest issue with the Redzone in higher temps is the Esters'. Be carefull around turf under stress, flowers and gardens vapors could cause issue's for ya.

4. kappa915

kappa915 LawnSite Member

Here in Georgia, I've sprayed it with temperatures in the 90s. It's tough to avoid. We been spraying it the last two weeks with temps between 90 and 95. As the temp tops 90, we cut to the lowest labeled rate.:usflag:

5. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

I use Surge in the summer for Broadleaf.........Q4 for spot treating crab grass, because it ain't cheap

6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Surge is labeled for up to 90.