Reed's Irrigation Service

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Wet_Boots, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

(with apologies to anyone named Reed who is out in the field doing lawn sprinkler repairs) Speaking of outdated companies, you can still see a website for Reed's Irrigation Service, but none of their phone numbers work. I had their site bookmarked for a possible parts source. Anyone know what happened to them?

Note to websurfers - there might be some security issues with this domain, so tread warily. I always suspect that one reason a site may be kept alive beyond its useful days is to waylay the curious.

2. Wet_Boots

Yeah, but the other guy is a wack job :p

[​IMG]

3. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

Reeds is gone. Alan sold the company and moved out of state. The guy who bought the company ran it into the ground in less than a year. Last I heard he may be getting back into the business sometime this year.

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Go down and root the place, gawd knows what you'll find.

5. Wet_Boots

At least that provides a reason why the website is still up. I wouldn't mind grabbing some Imperial parts.

I almost got an invite to help myself to the Rain-O-Mat back inventory when I learned that Thompson had bought them out. To think of all those incredibly obscure brass nozzles I could have had, it brings a tear to my eye. :cry:

6. sprinklerchris

sprinklerchris LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

The obsolete parts source that we use is http://www.thesource-online.com They seem to still have access on old diaphragms and motors.

7. Wet_Boots

looks like they got zip for imperial

8. sprinklerchris

sprinklerchris LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

They have motors and some other things. They said they didn't bother to update the catalog pages for the items where they couldn't supply all of the components.

And the Imperial parts volume has dropped to nothing....

9. Wet_Boots

Well, in nearly all cases, you can yank brass valves and install plastic, so outside of the clock motors and microswitches and wafer switches, there isn't much to stock for Imperial.