1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

reeling in the spray hose

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Sep 3, 2002.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i been useing rubber gloves to keep the poop, grass and chemicals off my hands.
    what do you guys use?

i seen sometime ago a 1/4 inch medal hook on a wooden handle that was raped around the hose and used to hold the hose while reeling it in/....

anthony

2. Casey

Casey LawnSite Member

I use the gloves also.....a hook might be nice my hose has a tendency to grab when I am using the gloves and they can heat up rather quickly.....but as I understand the regulations in Nebraska you must wear the gloves as part of your personal protection equipment whenever you are handling your equipment if you are spraying any kind of pesticide

3. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

I wear golves and use a nasty rag to take all the friction. Really works well once it gets wet.

Mark

4. greensummer

greensummer LawnSite Member
    from canada

Buy a storage hook used to hang stuff and attach a lawn mower rubber handle, one that you use to start the machine, and now you have a custom made handle for less than $2.00. The Chemlawn version sells for $20 USD.;)

5. Ditto, but I don't pull a hose too much anymore.