reese hitch caddy

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by wiseguyslawn, Feb 21, 2008.

1. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

anyone know where to find the spreader caddy for the rear reese hitch.
    Thanx

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Saw one at Home Depot or maybe it was Lowes or Menards. Cost about 69.95. Problem was--it was 18 inches wide and load limit was 100 pounds. Just a matter of extending it and making it stronger. Good luck.

3. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I bought one from Lesco, around $60 at the time. Works for old and new Lesco spreaders. I had another one built by a local weld shop and had hand sprayer holders added, one on each side of caddy to keep it balanced. Pretty handy.

4. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

you're talkin for a push spreader?
    lesco has one, used to be about $50 although it most likely wont fit any spreader without modification.
    might be best to go to a welding shop and have them make you one. i wouldnt think it would cost more than 50-60 bucks

5. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

That's probably the last thing I bought from Lesco before their corporate people sold out to Deere.
    They call it a "speader caddy".
    And it's compatible to many spreader leg styles because it can be flipped over and 'alternative' slots can be utilized for pinning down the spreader leg.
    Or...you can take it to a weld shop and have it altered...or duplicated for that matter.