Reese Hitch

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IrishHank, May 18, 2001.

1. IrishHank

IrishHank LawnSite Member

I am looking for a new hitch. I checked a few places in town, but a friend has connections and said he can get me a Class III Reese Hitch, with 5,000 lb draw weight, Installed for $125.00. I am putting it on a 2000 Ram. Is this a fair price?
  2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Very fair price,dont forget the wiring harness too.
  3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like a great price to me, maybe the hitch guy is a "hitch scrub". lol
  4. i got my hitch hooked up to my truck, and the electic hookup installed for 60 dollars about 2 years ago. all it was was a reese class III / IV hitch and a 6 prong round hookup. no brake thing.
  5. IrishHank

IrishHank LawnSite Member

How much was the Hitch itself?
  6. i think i paid hmmm, 170 i would say for the hitch itself. the pintle thing was 85, the plate it goes on was 30? the electric brake activator was 100 from a guy who i worked for, the instalation of that whole setup was 255, the 6 prong hookup for the first installation was i think 12 dollars. these figures are pretty accurate except for the hitch one. i think i paid 170 for it. i am pretty sure that that is what i paid roughly.
  7. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I got a Hidden Hitch for $140 and its a class IV (from a local custom shop). I think they have them at JC whitney too. There are only 6 bolts to put it on and it takes less than an hour--the holes are already in the frame and the frame is open so you can reach right in and put your washers and nuts on. most of the hitch is tucked up under the bumper and all you see from the rear is the receiver . It's much cleaner looking than some of the others I've seen where you see the whole hitch and you can loose the ground clearance in the rear as well.

8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Oh my! Putting a Class 3 hitch on a Dodge?

Don't break it:blob3:

Just kidding, I know its the wrong forum to discuss(?) trucks.

Thats a real good price for the hitch installed. At times you can get a Reese Class 3 up here for around 80 bucks. Installation isn't that hard as its a bolt up unit. Good Luck
  9. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

10. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

that hitch doesnt seem to hearty. go with a reese hitch. there are a million of them out there and hold up really well.