References for lawn care service?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by zz4guy, Nov 26, 2007.

1. zz4guy

zz4guy LawnSite Senior Member

Do you guys think it would be worth it to compile a list of references for my lawn care business? I have a handful from my first year that are very happy and would probably be willing to be a refernce.

But is it worth it? I want to get into commercials next year so I was thinking it might be worth it to them. What do you guys think?

Also, how do I go about getting the list? Just ask customer if they would be willing to be a verifiable refernce for my work?

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Always good to have IMO. I find alot more commercial clients asking for them with proposals.

3. fknippenberg

fknippenberg LawnSite Member

defiently always good to have a list compiled....

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not sure today how I feel about this.

I mean, we don't ask a car mechanic that's about to work on our car for it, right?
    Then again if they came to our location, we might...

So I just do it from memory, also I ask that customer if they wouldn't mind, I think it's polite to let them know.
    Never had anyone say no, but...

Sooner or later someone asks for it, or they're hesitant about contracting you...
    That's when it comes in handy, maybe once a year or so.

5. zz4guy

zz4guy LawnSite Senior Member

I dont even expect to use it. If somebody is on the fence about using my service they will probably be a headache anyway.

For me it's just so I can put "verifiable references" on my marketing materials.

6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Only if asked for.....