1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Refering Business To Other LOC's.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KDLAWN, Sep 30, 2003.

KDLAWN LawnSite Member

I have a question... Have any of you ever thought about when you have work that you don't have time for and refer it to another LOC.... to charge the LOC a referal fee for Business you sent him... he would just add the referal fee to his price so that he is getting his money and you get some kick back for giving him some business.... referal fee wouldn't be but maybe 5 or 10 dollars more but evertime he preforms a job for that person you get money off of it... EX: you would get 5 dollars everytime he mows their grass...

just a thought.... let me know what you think... if you need clarity in what I am saying please just ask..
  2. Blue Ribbon Turf

Blue Ribbon Turf LawnSite Member

Why not you pay customers for referals? If the customer signs a contract with you why not 5% of contract?
  3. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Pay the coustomer for what? If they dont sign up for a full service, then why should you pay them?:confused:
  4. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

I give work to other LCOs when I can't handle it and dont think twice about it and dont charge a thing. In the end when i'm slow they end up giving me work, or when they cant handle a few customers they pass them on to me. It all balances out in the end.
  5. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

I offered a paid referral program this year. Didnt work out so well. I offered $50.00. I got a few. I also offer $20.00 to my employees. The account must be a mowing account and not a temporary deal.
  6. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

How about subbing the work out?
  7. maple city

maple city LawnSite Senior Member

I have referred work to other LCO's. If it's potentially a good account that I can't handle, I'll refer it to one of the LCO's that I like. If it's a pita job for a cheapo, I'll refer it to one of the LCO's I don't like.
  8. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

???? Maybe they have/or will return the favor a time or two. :p :p
  9. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I have referred alot of business to local lco's.. One of them is a member on this site. I never ask for a "finder's fee", but I will never decline if they offer one. Just make sure that you give work to people who are reliable and you can trust to do a good job. No one likes to be associated with "low-life" companies because it also reflects badly on you.
  10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

We do it all the time. It's all part of our networking program.