Referral Group

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by brentsawyer, Jan 12, 2002.

1. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

Didn't find any other threads on the subject.

I was wondering if anyone else has ever been involved with one of these. The group that I just got asked to join involves 17 other service professionals and meets once a week at 7am for breakfast and to exchange referrals. I used to work in insurance and alway heard that these were great for insurance agents but was wondering how they would apply to LCO's.

The group consists of 4 different lines of insurance agents, 2 home improvement guys, a catering service, accountant, dentist, paychex guy and several others that I can't remember off the top of my head.

By the looks of the board, I feel like I'm heading in unchartered waters for LCO's. So please post what you know or anyone elses experiences that you know of.

PS I live in a city of 250,000 people with a good growth rate, especially in surrounding areas.
  2. Yardworksld

Yardworksld LawnSite Member

I have been in a referal networking group for 4 months and it has proven to be a successful tool to get my name out and get new clients.
  3. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you for the idea. This is one tremendous idea.
  4. NateinAtl

NateinAtl LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

I graduated from UK in 97. While in school I worked for a LCO for several years. If you let me know what types of services you are planning on offering, I may be able to steer you in a good direction to meet some of the good guys in the industry up there.

By the way, what's happening to my CATS?!?