Referrals out of the blue

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TURFLORD, Dec 11, 2006.

1. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody ever get the call from someone saying that a person from their lco referred you for work and you never heard of this person in your life? Over the course of the last couple of months, I had a lady calling me for snow removal saying that Hernandez, from ABC (name censored) Landscaping, gave her my name. After ignoring 6-7 calls, I felt bad and finally called her back.

2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I had one once. As I recall I got the job out of the deal. Sometimes it amazes me the people that know me, but I don't know them. For example, I was at McDonalds the other day, and this guy comes up to me and starts talking, he sure seemed to know me, but I had no clue who he was.

3. mowingtowing

mowingtowing LawnSite Member

We did a leaf cleanup for someone today and the job came about that way. A someone Kaiser (whom I guess cuts their grass) recomended us (my company) to do their leaves. Weird...

4. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

We refer other companies all the time. If a customer says they are looking to get something done we will likely know someone in the business. This is just good networking and makes you the "go to" guy in your customers mind. Someday you might be looking for some extra work and they will call or ask you.

5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i refer leaf suck up jobs to another guy in town, big dig's to a local excavator, gutter cleaning to a guy I used to work for. You never know where a referral is coming from. So and so from the other company could have been at a house while you were there or across the street. A referral is always good

6. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

You always have to put your best foot forward and do the best job you can. If you have your truck lettered, the general public will see your work and in time, you will get refurrals from people you never met or heard of. On the same token, never take a job that you don't want to leave your name on.