1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnranger44, Feb 15, 2002.

1. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

What do all you guys offer your customers if they refer you to a friend?
  2. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

If they tell and friend, the friend calls us, we like the friend's property, and the friend is willing to play ball, then we give the person who knows the friend a week of service free.
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I always send a thank you card. So few people actually use these anymore. I have been known if I was referred to for a large job, to send a dinner gift certificate for 2 to some nice restaurant.
  4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i offer 10 percent discounts for good referals.later now
  5. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

We use a form letter w/ fill-ins. It gets mailed to the referring party, thanking them for the new account and type of work we were referred for. It is a small personalized letter, and seems to go a long way. The client realizes you took some time to thank them. This also helps build a stronger relationship w/ your client.

6. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i usually offer a free service wether its a free mowing or whateverm the more i get the more the referrer gets.
  7. LawnLad

LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member

To the person who referred us to the new client... $25.00 gift certificate (we don't use Coupon's.... sounds like a discounted service), as well as a thank you card.

As 65Hoss said... so few people get Thank you cards anymore - it's almost a gift within it self.
  8. LawnCrafters

LawnCrafters LawnSite Member

A free cut.
    I like the dinner gift certificate idea though.
  9. We send a thank you card and a gift certificate.
  10. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I ussually give them 2 free movie passes, have for a couple of years