1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

refresh my memory, here, please

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by rbig, Sep 1, 2004.

1. rbig

rbig LawnSite Member

Oops---got a new one. In regard to twin blade decks going along leaving an uncut strip in the middle of the swath: is this likely a result of one or both blades being shorter that they/it should be?
  2. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

Either or. No overlap.

Assuming everything else is correct on machine.
  3. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

could be one or both, it usually happens if you sharpen the corners of the blade too much.
  4. themowerman

themowerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

If your blades are good, check the pitch of your deck. It may not be pitched enough.
  5. rbig

rbig LawnSite Member

Deck pitch is OK. Thanks for the thought on that one.

We're fixing to have a blade changeout party. Bet that'll fix this rascal.
  6. rbig

rbig LawnSite Member

WOW! First of all, turns out it's a 3 blader, not two.

What I do for blade changeouts is throw a chain around both axle spindle areas, and make a short bridle in front. Then, I hook onto that with an engine hoist.

It's the only way I know of to get the front end up high enough to work the problem.

What I do then is bang away with an impact wrench, and it normally breaks the spindle nuts loose easily.

The 3 blades I was looking at today had about 3" downward tip curl. Don't know how the mower was cutting anything.