Refrigerator Magnets

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scraper, Feb 25, 2000.

1. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Was wondering if any of you have ever tried having your business card put onto refrigerator magnets as a form of advertising. Seems like a fairly cheap idea. You can drive around a neighborhood and just slap them on mailboxes. (as long as the mail boxes aren't aluminum) I would think people would tend to put them on the frisdge even if they didn't plan on using your services just to hold up things. Who knows they might even decide to give you a call for something....sometime.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

If you decide to do this, you can buy magnetic sheets that will go through your printer. Just use a business card program to print them out. I was amazed at all the new stuff they have in office supplies at Sams. <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

3. mountain man

mountain man LawnSite Member

It is illegal to attach to or place anything inside of the mailbox. If you try this you will probably get a quick phone call from your local postmaster.<p>However, I do think the fridge magnets are a good idea to get your name out. You just need to find another distribution method.

4. Hello Scraper:<p>It's a great idea! <p>We had no intentions of using their services but to hold up that wonderful art & achievements from the kids.<p>Then later on in time we see them so much, we use them for ordering pizzas & etc.<p>Think about it, nobody in their right mind would throw them away? <p>Those pizza places pay big money researching advertising. <p>At our shop all our distributors have them. So we stick them on our filing cabinets, no more hunting for the #'s.<p>Eric had a good idea too. I didn't know you could buy the sheets & do it your self. <p>Think I'll print a picture of my mother in law on a sheet & put it on my fridge. <p>LOL bound to slow me down on the beer drinking & no more midnight snacks. Hey I know I could put one our front & back door as a theft deterent. The possibilities are unlimited!<p>Thank you so much for putting up this disscussion & you too Eric, now I have something to look forward to this weekend!<p>They see your name enough they will be recommending your services, even if they don't use you.<p><br><p>----------<br>GrassMaster - Home: www.lawnservicing.com<br>My Start Up Page www.lawnservicing.com/startup/

5. Finecut

Finecut LawnSite Member
    from IL

There is a discussion pertaing to that exact subject on Retro's forum listed under Self-Promotion. Seems as though it was about a week ago or so. There is a link from Grassmasters site it's the Lawn Care Contractors Forum.<br>

6. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Mountain Man: No offense, but the magnet would be stuck to the outside not the inside. Still a problem? Maybe I'll check with the Postmaster.<p>Finecut: Thanks for pointing me to another forum! The more the merrier!

7. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

here is an email i received today about this it tells about the special they are having i lost the url but she is going to send it to me so i can post it<br>Hi Chris~<br>These are the things I came up with on the info for magnets.<p>This is not exactly what you asked for but, these are on special and much<br>more inexpensive.<p>2 x 3 1/2 inch magnet with one color imprint using only these colors to<br>choose from: BLUE, RED, GREEN, BLACK, BURGUNDY, or TEAL are going to run<br>you for 1,000 at .17cents each. and will take about 5 working days for<br>production.<br>NOTE: on these you can't do any bleeds, or half tones.<p>What you did request is the following:<p>2 x 3 inch with one color imprint using any color you want will run .33<br>cents each for 1,000 and will take 10 to 15 work days for production<br>NOTE: you can do bleeds, and half tones.<p>Call me if you have any questions and I will do my best to make this work<br>for you.<p>Thanks<br>Yvonne<br>Advertising Magic, Inc.<br>Yvonne Klimowski<br>2116 N Main St Ste G<br>Walnut Creek CA 94596<br>tel: 925-939-1111 x 202<br>-------<br><p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

8. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

The letter of the lawn might be nothing on the outside of the mailbox, but all kinds of businesses place flyer on the flag, etc. We did it years ago and never heard anything.<p>Anyway, too many mailboxes are made of wood, plastic and aluminum.

9. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I use lawn magnets ,but I wouldn't spend that kind of $$ on cold call advertising.<br>What I do is use business cards. Very cheap & can give people a few to give to friends, etc.<br>When I have an established customer, THEN I send them a bus. card magnet to put on their fridge, etc. When a friend calls to ask who does their lawn, my # is right on the fridge in plain sight.<br>You can get magnets at Office max type places - 50 mag.'s for about 10-15 bucks. Peel the backing, & stick your bus. card on it. Buying 1000 at a time is a chunk of change, unless tou're sure you like it enough to use that many. Good luck<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>