refund or no refund

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Sep 16, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

did a lawn renovation last fall. thatch/seed front, sod back. everything came out perfect. clients requested fert program this season. i get pre pay or you can hire someone else. the program for his 3,500 sq ft property was $365 plus tax. wrote it up, got my check in february. everything is going great. lawn looks perfect, weed free, deep green. new sod looks great. we don't do grasscutting there, but it's along my route, so i do routine checks on his lawn, everything looking great. i get a phone call, "hi bob, this is mr. xxx, i won't need your help anymore, a friend of the family has entered the business, and we are going to use him." now, he paid for several treatments that he did not yet recieve. but he cancelled. are you giving him any type of a refund?

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Booby assuming I know you from your post :waving: I would assume yuo had a "No Refund on Cancellation" policy in your contract. Did he ask for a refund? Under the circumstances he named, No, I wouldn't refund.

3. Forest

Forest LawnSite Member

No refund would be happening on my watch! -Forest.

4. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

like mmlawn said, if it's in the contract that there's no refunds. then point him to that and tell him no.

if there's no contract I might give him halve of what he paid.
    but no full refunds.

mbricker likes this.
  5. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Based on your post Bobby, you don't even say if he mentioned a refund.

But, especially based on the poor reason, NO.

6. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't even think of it until he asked for it. Then I would refer to the contract for the answer to the question. If it's not stated in the contract and a refund were requested, calculate the cost of the services provided and refund the difference.

7. scott in the soo

scott in the soo LawnSite Member

bobby,

how long did you say you have been in business for???

Of course you don't give him the refund..

8. satch

satch LawnSite Member

If he dont ask.I certainly aint giving a refund.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Refund BG??? Are you on drugs or something?!?!?!

mbricker likes this.
  10. Nitro Junkie

Nitro Junkie LawnSite Member
    from va

you gotta figure they guy wants a refund, what dummy would pre-pay for a service and then cancel only to have someone else still do the work.