Refurb'd Dixie Choppers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by capnfrantic, Aug 15, 2001.

1. capnfrantic

capnfrantic LawnSite Member

Anybody ever considered a refurb'd Dixie Chopper? I saw the list of avail units on, Figured I would solicit some professional feedback. Thanks:angel:
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

When I was down at the factory for a tour of the place, they had some of those in R & D fixing them up. I think they are repo's or leased machines that they fix up. I've run DC's for the past 8 years and they are good machines. The prices I have seen on them seem high, but they might come down on the price, not sure.
  3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I was in NASHVILLE last weekend and I saw just about my first CHOPPER. my spouse thought I had gone nuts (again) yelling "LOOK HON, THATS A CHOPPER!"

we have no chopper dealer here in the east except for CHATTANOOGA, I believe.

I'd like the chance to consider a chopper when I buy a rider.

4. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

It could be a good deal. just all depends. Do you get something in writing as to what all they fixed or replaced? Do you get a limited warrenty? And price. If its close to a new one, then a new one is the way to go. Next time in Nashville let me know and we'll go check out the chopper dealer here!
  5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i like the idea that the factory is really doing the fix up.
    some things that say factory refurbished were done by a
    repair service. i wont mention names but i know thats the case.
  6. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

and I was to go the refurbished route, I would love to see it done my the actual manufacturer.

I figure the technicicans are better and more familiar with the machine, and they would probobly be less hesitant about putting on new parts when necessary because of the lower cost, plus they're right there.

But, I would definetly weigh the cost of the a new one in fairly. It would have to be great savings for me to go this route.

Good Luck with whatever you decide!