Refurbishing older trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 93Chevy, Feb 24, 2010.

1. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

looks good my friend:drinkup: i'd park it the sun for a day or two to try and cure that paintjob fully

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

That's just what's going to happen. :drinkup:

3. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Sun we in pittsburgh only see that a couple times a year! No but really looks good, better than my new one!

4. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Man oh man that turned out GREAT that looks like a completely difrent trailer. What will you be towing in it?

5. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks Brad. I'd like to paint the wheels next year, replace the gate bars, add a small tongue box, 3 foot sides, and trimmer/blower/gas can racks.

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks bud, that was the plan :drinkup:.

I'll mainly be hauling my mowers, and when I put sides on it, I'll be hauling debris, mulch, etc. It'll basically be a non-dumping dump trailer.

7. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

all the fluid film he promised to buy once he gets some revenue in:weightlifter::weightlifter:

8. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks really good! I love new looking trailers!!!

9. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Allright what type of mowers are you running. I think when I get a truck I will get another trailer and have my helper drive the van with the mowers and I will drive the truck with the other trailer for leaves. But who knows I have time to think it out I could just have a leaf box

10. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I run Snapper Pro because of price and dealer support.

If you want some advice, I think it would be better to have you and your helper in the same truck. There's less chance for adverse liability of having two vehicles on the road. I'll leave guys on the job, no problem, but unless I work with somebody a long time and really know them, I'd never send them out alone.

Not trying to tell you what to do, but that's just another side of the equation.