Refurbishing older trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 93Chevy, Feb 24, 2010.

1. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks man :drinkup:

I'm real glad it's all over with. :laugh::laugh:

I'll pay somebody to do that next time, but it was very rewarding to see something I can do with my hands that I have little skill in.

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Here's a side-by-side comparison of before and after. I wish I had taken more pics of it before I started, but I didn't really like looking at it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

i work for a decent ratepayup:cool2:

4. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

How's about I pay you in fluid film?

5. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

i'd have to punch some figures but it might be cheaper to pay cash;):laugh:

6. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Nice I think if he is only towing ff he should have kept it red:laugh: But seirsousl it looks great in black

7. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Oh allright my dealer only sells some snapper but I like snapper I use to have a OLd commerical 21 that lasted forever it seemed. I I think I would be better off with one truck and a leaf box more now that I think about it anyways, however i would trust my helper enough to drive alone. I have been close friends to him since we were 4 years old.

8. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

Looks like a brand new trailer now! Isnt it a great feeling to look at it when its done, and know you did all the work and saved all kind of money?!! Just curious, did you use the brush on Rustoleum or another type of paint? GREAT JOB!

9. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I used brand XO Rust, which my local hardware store sells. But yes, I brushed and rolled it on. Thanks for the compliments. I don't ever want to do that again, but it's very rewarding to look at what I did.

10. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice accomplishment! That trailer looks awesome.