Regional section

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by desert rose gardening, Apr 15, 2005.

1. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

I think a regional section would be good for some of us. I live and work in Southern California. We*work all year. Most of the people on this site live in the East and don't work three or four months out of the year. They seem to whine and complaine and make things up to talk about. Im on here to learn and advance my business. If I could talk to people that have the same kind of plants, grass, tools, weather, attiude, because we are working, not sitting aroud watching it snow! Please!! A Southern Califorina section would be very appreciated

2. kwelch

kwelch LawnSite Member

Sounds to me like your the one crying.

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

not only do i have 3-4 months off a year, i usually spend a couple of those weeks in california (inlaws). and i hate it! california is one big slum

4. wally world III

wally world III LawnSite Member

you only went to fla, for 1 week last year...........period

new jersey, north............. scum ville usa................

ca, az, is a great place to go ........................

i'm son just graduated from arizona state, 3.9 avg

nj...........scum ville usa
    :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

a couple of things you didn't learn at az state. you didn't learn how to run a bizness ($32.50 per acre ;) ) and you didn't learn respect. i been to cal little boy, many times. it's a dive. a dump. congestion, polution, the beaches are dumpy and polluted. the people are stupid. and there aint no decent pizza. thier idea of pizza is going to pizzahut. i'll take you to the city where some italian guy with a gold chain, a bear rug on his chest, and a tanktop is makin them one every 5 minutes. tell him he lives in scumville. it will make my shovel look like a bouquet of flowers

6. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Desert Rose...very good point about the east and the differences in working time...however, calling those ut east "whiners" may not have been the best way to classify...

That being said - kwelch - I knew someone would jump in, you just happened to be the first

bobbygedd - didn't mamagedd tell you if you don't have anything nice to say...California may not be the cleanest place on earth, but everyone has to call somewhere home....

and for good ol' wally world III (whoever you really are), I left this thread up for one reason...to tell you publicly that this is your last warning....stop addressing people as "sweetie pie" and "tomatoe head" and any other generic little names you have chosen in the past....your replies are sarcastic, demeaning and condescending....at least when bobbygedd, ric, and the like go at it, we know who they are and where they are from...the next post I read of yours that is not directly on topic and professional, you and wally world IV and any other name you have signed up with will be gone...and when you resurface you will be gone again, and again, and again....

NOW, BACK TO THE ORIGINAL SUGGESTION....REGIONAL SECTIONS

How specific are we getting here? State by state? East of the Mississippi? Northeast? Southeast? Zones? I wouldn't want it to be too generic because it would not solve the problem. But making it too specific would force me to direct you to the networking forum to strike up specific conversations there.

7. moremowing4me

moremowing4me LawnSite Member
    from S.C.

I think that seperating it by zones would be a great idea Sean! :waving:

8. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I have to say, I thought that's what the networking forum was for........................

9. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

Sean, I apologize for calling Easterners Whiners, some of the replies turn in to that. As for regional, I think the top 25 most populated city's in the country would spread it out and would really be helpful. Thanx, Desert Rose

10. CuttingCrew

CuttingCrew LawnSite Member

Perhaps a section separated into zones with subsections divided into time zones would work. That way we could network with people on our specific types and conditions and with people on a slightly more local level for topics in our region.

Mike